Tuesday 26 March 2013

Hoppy Easter

Ohhh, I'm so looking forward to complaining about it being too warm LOL  My toes are like slabs of ice.  I shouldn't complain though, at least the snow where I live is rightly melted, but its still bitterly cold.  In some parts of Northern Ireland there are still awful snowdrifts and roads impassible - the military are helping with air drops to farms.  Unfortunately its lambing season here, so a lot of the animals are really suffering.  Not good. :(

I think this bunny is one of my favourite Paper Smooches stamps, and the alpha set is one of the most useful. I was inspired by the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge - I took the main colour theme, fancy edge, and mostly white base; I didn't have any card pale enough for the centre panel, so had to use some kraft stuff.  And the buttons in the pic reminded me that I had this wee button embossing folder in my stash, I think it was maybe one of the first embossing folders I bought and have rarely used since!

Party Time Tuesday #113 - anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania - Easter Inspiration
Oldie but a Goodie - Easter
The Pink Elephant #192 - Clean and simple
The Squirrel and the Fox #40 - Easter or Passover

ETA: Runner up at Cuttlebug Mania!

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

sooooo cute.
luv
Debby

Benzi said...

Love this card and the cute bunny. I have that button folder, too, but I always have a hard time using those embossing strips. They always seem to leave an imprint on my card (on the edges). I don't see one on your card, though. Do you have a tip?

Hope it warms up for you soon and the poor animals.

Kerry said...

Ah so sweet, I just love those Paper Smooches stamps. Thank you for joining in with our Easter challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Michelle said...

Darling card!

DesignerDiva said...

That little rabbit is beyond cute Lynne, his little face is fab!!
Great card
Thank you for sharing it with us at Oldie But a Goodie this challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Deneen said...

What a cute Easter card, I love the bunny you used, and how you used a colored mat for your image. Thanks for joining the Easter Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE that little bunny! LOVE your take on this inspiration photo!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!