Saturday 7 September 2013

Leaving card for John


It's been a dark, damp day today, perfect for crafting :) Good job, as I've a load of cards I need to get made this weekend!  This one is for a friend that I've worked with for over 20 years but we've had some funding cuts so he's taking early retirement ... I reckon his wife will need a photo of him as he'll be out fishing 24/7!

My image is Dad's Catch from High Hopes.  Bought these DPs yesterday in a moment of weakness - from Forever Friends ... love it!  Letters popped up on dimensionals - I added in the faux stitching as they were a bit lost in my DP.

Layout from Penny Black and More September challenge
ABC Challenge - U for Unlimited
My Mum's Craft Shop #9 - boys only
Creatalicious challenge #54 - for the boys
Polkadoodles #36 - significant birthday or occasion
Totally Gorjuss #200 - anything goes
Divas by Design - water themed
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

15 comments:

Claire said...

Great card Lynne, love the image and great colours. Hugs, Claire x

Benzi said...

Super card for that lucky retiree. The letters for his name are so fun.

A weak moment.....again???????? Ha

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! That image is perfect for a retiree. Great job, Lynne...thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

Once again I am trying to catch up on my blog hopping!
What a lot of lovely cards since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

A perfect card for your work colleague by the sounds of it Lynne.

Thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this moth.

B x

Unknown said...

What a fun card Lynne, it is really sweet, your friend is going to love it.. good for him he got a hobby to look for in his retirement :) .. I'm trying to get back to blogland slowly after my rather longish summer holiday :P Nice seeing you again. Hugs xxx

Anjie said...

Great card Lynne. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

melsanford said...

This is brilliant! Love the image and all those stars :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

coops said...

brilliant card lynne.fab design and papers and i love the fun image :D

xx coops xx

Bev said...

Oh I love the colour combo on this card it's really vibrant & punchy! Thanks for joining in with us at polkadoodles.

Shirley said...

A lovely fun card Lynne. I am sure your friends' husband loved it. The colour combo is lovely.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Sharon said...

I also love cold, dark days to craft Lynne. We're still in Winter season in South Africa. A stunning creation. Perfect for that person who is leaving. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week, hugs Sharon p.s. I LOVE your little Ruby. x

Bettina L. said...

What a great male card. Love the details with all the stars and added letters. Thanks for playing at Creatilicious Challenges last month and sorry for my a bit late comment. Still hope to see you back this month for our school challenge. Bettina DT Member at Creatilicious Challenge xx

susiestacey said...

Great card Lynne, perfect for a fishing fanatic too. Good take on the layout.
Thank you for joining the Autumnal colours/sketch over at Penny Black & More and good luck x Susan x