Saturday 25 January 2014

Golden Wedding Anniversary

It's been a bit of a changeable day today ... if it wasn't raining it would be 5 minutes later!  We managed a dander round the park at double quick time with Ruby this morning and only just made it back in time before the heavens opened.  It's supposed to be a wild day tomorrow, so it may be a wee crafty day.  I think I could manage to ignore the ironing mountain for another while Heee :)

I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of this orangey DP from Me and My Big Ideas.  It's not a colour I would ever have used before, but I'm loving it!

Stamp from Whipper Snapper - I paper pieced the left vase with a wee scrap and added some gold peel off accents and sentiment.  The '50' is a sparkly peel off, but the sparkle doesn't really show up in my pic.  I used my Cuttlebug to die cut my semicircles.

Layout from Sketch Saturday #294
Simon Says Stamp Monday - A is for ... Anniversary
Party Time Tuesdays #PTT156 - ribbon
Papertake Weekly - Bow Dies
Divas by Design - anything goes
A little bit crafty January - Celebrate
Penny Black and More January - Love is in the air

11 comments:

Jackie said...

I managed to go to work yesterday in between the thunderstorm and the almost horizontal sleeting. Don't think it could be much worse than yesterday was!
What a lovely card and the colours are great :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

What a beautiful golden anniversary card Lynne, it's sure to be very warmly received.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Benzi said...

I love that image and you've made it so pretty. I like the orange color, too, and your gold peels. Wonderful card.
Stay safe in the stormy weather.

Claire said...

Gorgeous warm sunny card Lynne. Love it. Have a good day. Hugs, Claire x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely pretty card and papers. I love the vases and flowers and the warm colour tones. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Love this one too, not forgetting gorgeous Ruby. Take care and thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

coops said...

so gorgeous lynne.stunning floral image and i love your citrus colours ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the bright colours and it's a great sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
Linda's

Alex H. said...

A great card in so friendly colours... Love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.