Wednesday 11 June 2014

A boy's card in pink?!!

I was asked to make a card for a guy who'd worked on the volunteer recruitment team for the Giro d'Italia - the big Italian bicycle race that started in Northern Ireland last month (if you missed my post on it you'll see the cyclists zipping past here)

Now, you might think that a cycling related card would maybe have a bicycle on it? Oh noooooooo!

My first thought was for a pink sheep. Hahahahaha
The whole of Northern Ireland went pinktastic for the Giro, and even the horses and sheep were dyed pink (I think they used beetroot juice or something)   Oh, and no, we don't normally dye our animals ;)

Apologies for the crappy photo of my card ... the pink colours didn't quite come out right and there's the usual dirty splodge in the middle too.  But I think there may be a new camera on the way for an impending birthday pressie .... yippee!!!

Image from Taylored Expressions ... white flowersoft added and then touched with a pink copic marker.  My bunting is an oldie stamp from Creative Expressions.

Fab'n Funky #220 - laughter is the best medicine
Oldie but a Goodie - Father's Day / Masculine
Stamping Sensations June - animal antics
Stamp and Create June - Thank you
Natalie and Amy's challenge #21 - four legged friends

7 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh how fabulous is this then Lynne a pink sheep, lol, haven't seen one of those in awhile, lol, truly super card.
hugs
lorraine x

Ginny said...

what a fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Jackie said...

Fabulous card and I love that photograph of the pink sheep.
A couple of years or so ago I kept getting sploges on pics taken with my big camera and had it cleaned inside, it did the trick! :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

Another beauty Lynne, I adore the pink lamb, such fun.

Thanks so much for joining in again at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

pinky said...

This is so cute Lynne, PINK sheep, love them all lol. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Helen said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x

Benzi said...

Oh no.....a pink sheep. I looked over your cards I've missed while away and just had to comment and take a good look at this one. I love sheep but never have I seen a pink one. I love it....so fun. Oh, how funny all the animals must have looked dyed pink. Thanks for sharing the photo. They're all too cute.