Monday 30 June 2014

Happy New Home

Wow, how did it get to be the last day of June already - this year is whizzing past!  I suppose I should get a move on with my Christmas cards ... sum total so far = 1, I'm not sure what happened to the master plan to make a few every month ;)

This card is for a friend who moved away a few months back and is now moving to a new house - she's a wee bit homesick, so I thought I'd make her a cheery card for her new home.

I've based it on Jennifer's fab card over at the Muse Challenge #74.  My wee house is from a Simon Says Stamp set, and Sm Sunnie from High Hopes.  Coloured with pencils and some red stickles added to the heart on the house.  I thought it needed something so I splattered some pink paint to the white base and hey presto!!  Oh and of course some googly eyes, who doesn't love googly eyes?!

Simon Says Stamp Monday - W is for White
Addicted to CAS #41 - sun
Sister Act #63 - anything goes

10 comments:

Benzi said...

Being homesick is a terrible thing. I'm sure this adorable card will brighten her day. Yes, I like a sun with googly eyes. :-)

Jen W. said...

This will most certainly cheer up your friend! I love the pink house and goggly eyes on the sun! Awesome! Thanks for playing along at Muse this week!

Dan said...

Lovely card Lynne, I'm sure your friend will be delighted to receive it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!! :)

Loll said...

Hi Lynne. Your friend is going to love this card!! So sweet and will bring a smile to her face. LOVE the fun and cheerful design ... and the googly eyes! :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Jackie said...

What a happy sunny card. Don't know where the first half of the year has gone!!! :o)
Jackie xx

Ardyth said...

Love how you've taken the Muse and made it your own! So glad you joined us this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Smashing card Lynne love that house image and the lovely shinning sun a super card.
hugs
lorraine x

OH Babs said...

What a cute card for your friend, she will miss you even more after she receives it.

Tanja said...

such a sweet card - love the colors you used