Tuesday 17 June 2014

Summer Sail Boat

Our new challenge at High Hopes is ...
Water
Play along with your High Hopes stamps to win a new one of your choice - water could be a lake, ocean, rain, bath, etc. 

I must confess that I completely forgot what the challenge was when I was making this card and didn't add any actual 'water', I was so engrossed in what I was doing.
But, hey, you don't know that, so I'll just say that I've used these pale blue, lilac and navy panels to symbolise the sea and sky and my stitching is the foam on the waves.
Do you think I got away with that?

My image is Summer Sail Boat - coloured with pencils and popped up on dimensionals.

Oh and my regular buddies will notice that there's no dirty splodges on my card.  Yes the birthday fairy delivered a swanky new camera for me to play with.  Yippee :)

Other Challenges:
Layout from the Deconstructed Sketch #155
Cute Card Thursday #325 - so macho
Crafty Girls #20 - anything goes
Moving along with the times - keep it clean and simple
Addicted to CAS #40 - transport
Sketchy colours #215 - blue, lilac, brown
Simon Says Stamp Monday - anything goes
CASology #100 - celebrate
The Card Concept #12 - nautical (I used the CAS theme)

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Very innovative, I think you got away with it LOL. I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Jackie said...

Love your new camera too :o)
Jackie xx

Kylie said...

I think your panels are PERFECT for symbolising the water and sky. Great design! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Jeannie said...

Adorable card and I think you can totally get away with it!!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Lynne love that little boat also the design it looks super.
hugs
lorraine x

Kerin said...

Great CAS card, I think you got away with it for sure! Love the addition of the gems. Splashes of water? ;)
Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Card Concept :)

Michelle Lupton said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining in with our Transport challenge at ATCAS :)

maria f. said...

Love your CAS approach to this sketch. And the spattering of gems.

monicas papirhobby said...

Great card with a great sketch. Love the litle boat. Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
hugs Monica

Emma Williams said...

Lovely card and thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Hath said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this time at 4 Krafty Girlz - good luck!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE nautical, such a great card!!
Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

Geri said...

Who needs 'water' when you use such yummy colors that totally conjure up images of the sea?

Great card! I love your perfectly balanced design layout and all the glorious white space! Of course, the stitched 'waves' totally had me saying "Wow" out loud! Perfectly placed bits of bling that are subtle but sooooo effective!

Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)