Sunday 31 January 2016

A crow and a chicken

It's been a dreary old damp day again ... our weather is completely up the left at the minute!  Snowy showers yesterday, rain and storms due again this week and then a colder snap towards the end of the week.  Not a bit of wonder half the country has the sniffles!  Good crafting weather though ;)

If you'd asked me a while back if I wanted a crow stamp, I would probably have said No.  But then again, I never knew that a crow could be so charismatic!  I love the slightly quizzical expression ... I'd love to know how Holly can draw such fab images with just a few strokes of a pen!
Crow stamp from Eat Cake Graphics ..
5073-E Crow Flapping Wings

Watercoloured BG;  weather die cuts from Lawn Fawn; Simon Says Stamp birthday die (cut using black funky foam).  Bling from stash.
My second card uses this fun farmyard set from My Favourite Things.  I popped my little chicken and nest up on dimensionals, and paper pieced the nest as I didn't have a pencil to match the yellow DP.
Dienamics photo frame die and wonky circles die.


12 comments:

Sarah said...

Love these feathery fun cards Lynne, such a great scene with the crow and the chick cArd is fabulous and very welcome at AYLI...good luck xx

samantha's cards said...

great cards!

Patti J said...

Awww...love your sweet Ruby popping up there at the top of your blog :-) Your card is adorable, as always, my friend! Thanks for sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

Two great cards, Lynne! For some odd reason we have quite a few crows who come and go from our garden. I find their antics hilarious, although I doubt if the smaller birds enjoy having them around, Jo x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so sweet!

Michelle said...

I especially like your little chick card. Too cute!

Cheryl W. said...

Both cards are fab! You're right about that crow. He's pretty awesome. I like your chicken, too. It's funny how little stamps like these can really be perfect for so many cards. They add the perfect bit of whimsy.

donna mikasa said...

Thanks for joining us at CTS! I love your watercolored background and who knew that a crow could be such a standout!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

Love both birdy cards they are brilliant and fabulous
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Mervi said...

Two cute cards, beautiful both!
Thank you for sharing this over at Allsorts Challenge;-))m

Annette said...

Hehehe, fab cards. Love the chicken!!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
In The Pink Challenge
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge.