Thursday 17 March 2016

Birthday Critters

I feel like I'm cooking with gas this weather ... isn't it great when your mojo co-operates, it definitely makes card making so much easier and quicker!

I used this image so I could have another play with my new skin and hair tone watercolour pencils from Prima.  I love how her hair turned out, but I think I need to be braver and go darker with the skin tones ... she's obviously had a wet winter like me and is in dire need of a bit of a tan ;)

I've used up some pretty scrapsthat have been knocking round my stash for ages, Hurrah.  It still needed a wee something so out came my Taylored Expressions sequins again and it looked so much better.
Simon Says Stamp birthday dies.  

11 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

SUPER cute card! I really love her hair, too. You nailed those highlights! I find that I'm a bit timid, as well, when it comes to skin tones. I'm always afraid to go a little darker, and my images end up looking anemic.

Cara said...

Wow, you're rocking that colouring! Such a cute image, her skin tone looks great to me. Another lovely card. Cara x

Stephanie said...

Super cute card- great coloring. Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday.

Sarah said...

She is so sweet Lynne and I love her stripey jumper to match the papers...clever idea xx

Flo said...

I love your card--so darling!

Gale said...

Super fab card and love your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope to see again real soon. Hugs, Gale ET

Sheryl said...

I agree with you about the hair. Lovely image and colouring. Love the die cut sentiment.
Glad you stopped by to visit at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Helen said...

So cute. Great job on the colouring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is adorable! Love that sweet image. LOTV images never really date do they? Gorgeous card and fabulous image. Thanks for joining in with the Fab 'n' Funky 'Spots & Stripes' challenge. Your card is perfect for our challenge this week. Big hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card ! Love your image !
Thanks for joining us at SPARKLES MONTHLY Challenges and good luck !
Maryvonne , DT Member