Sunday 10 April 2016

Furry friends

A beautiful sunny day today, and I spent all afternoon ..... hemming my kitchen curtains :(  Its a job that's been bugging me for, oooh, maybe 5 years and today was their big day!  Hurrah for me ;)

I managed to squeeze in a couple of quickie cards too.  My first one uses an oldie High Hopes bunny and some of my rediscovered flower soft.  I don't think I've ever used the heather coloured stuff before.
Bunny coloured with watercolour pencils and Spectrum Noir sparkle added to the tulips.  I was a bit stumped by the sketch as I couldn't find a thank you sentiment to fit, so I used just a peel off and stuck it over all 3 layers. Taylored Expressions DP.



    I always seem to lack some masculine birthday cards in my stash, so I've used one of my Katzelkraft dogs for this one.  I heat embossed my dog and the sentiment.  Background watercoloured. 

    14 comments:

    Sarah said...

    Sounds like you have had an industrious day Lynne and two fab cards to show for it. Love both these stamps. You'll be so glad you sorted those curtains too! xx

    Cheryl W. said...

    Wow, you accomplished a lot in a single day! It always feels good to get some of those pesky jobs done. My mending pile keeps getting higher and higher! You made two super cards today. I especially like the second one with the dog. He looks like a slap-happy kind of dog. )

    Patti said...

    Yippee Skippee!! a sunny day : ) the perfect time to spend sewing and paper crafting. so glad you enjoyed a nice day.

    your cards are cute I especially love that dog! everything about this card is great from the sweet image to the colors you selected to the polka dot stars!! Love it!!

    Patti

    Cara said...

    2 lovely cards. The colouring on the bunny is fab and I love your background on the birthday card. Pleased to hear that your curtains are finally sorted too! Cara x

    Dotty Jo said...

    Great cards, Lynne! I especially like card 2 and have been playing with that set again myself this weekend, Jo x

    coops said...

    So gorgeous Lynne.Fab cute images and I love your stunning designs :D

    xx coops xx

    Leigh Penner said...

    Oh, these are both super cute! Great takes on the sketches!

    McCrafty's Cards said...

    Beautiful card, I like your design, Thank you for joining in with us this week at Allsorts, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    NGCARDS said...

    A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    Mandy said...

    Gorgeous cards Lynne! The images are so cute and I love your inky background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 7th Birthday challenge
    Mandy xx

    Chrissy Larson said...

    Ha ha ha! These are so cute! Love the coloring!

    coldwaters2 said...

    Two fantastic cards Lynne the first one is full of sunshine the second is so adorable I love them both
    hugs
    lorraine x

    susiestacey said...

    Great card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Purple Passion' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    Mummylade said...

    Thank you so much for entering our purple challenge at Allsorts this week!