Sunday 7 August 2016

A doggy calendar and a silly fishie


 So here's August's calendar page hot off the press ... yes I know it's already the 7th LOL ;)
I was very lucky to win a Simon Says Stamp challenge a few weeks back, and the TH Crazy Dogs set was one of my choices.  I reckon you'll be seeing quite a few more cards starring those fab doggies.  I've coloured (or not!) this one to look like Ruby-doo and gave her a nice red collar.  Clear gloss added to her eyes and nose.  Usual wonky hand written calendar, one of these days I'll figure out how to write in a straight line.  I've also used some new coloured Ranger enamel accents which I'm lovin, the red one has a pinky tinge to it, but that's OK.  For my background, I used some green watercolour paint and just kinda splodged it on roughly.  And of course, a doodled border ;)

My second card also uses some new goodies from my win - Avery Elle's 'That Bites' set.  I've coloured my fish with watercolour pencils, added some splatters, added clear gloss to his eyes and teeth and then Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to the rest.
I die cut some waves and then covered most of them up with my stitched circle ;)




22 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

I love your little fish card! The sentiment is just perfect and the wave die cut background is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

karen h said...

Fun card - love the wave border. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Joanna M. said...

Both are super cute (tho that crazy dog calendar is FABULOUS!) Thanks for sharing your work with us over on the Sketch Saturday blog.
~Jo, SS-DT

Ardyth said...

LOVE the 'texture' of the splodgy background! SO glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very cute card! That is one fierce looking little fish. lol Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

brenda said...

What beautiful creations Lynne, thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

debby4000 said...

Love your calendar page and what a fabulous card using the sketch.
luv
Debby

Dotty Jo said...

Love the calendar page and that fish card is brilliant! Jo x

Jane said...

He's a very fierce looking fish, but very appropriate for the blues in this week's palette. Thanks for playing at CC&S. Love your August calendar page by the way.

Sherrie M. said...

What a lovely background you created as a backdrop for your cute dog! Thanks for joining ust at CASology this week Lynne!

Cara said...

Loving your calendar, which was obviously made and finished a month ago ;-) . Your fish card is cute too. I did smile about the waves, done that a few times myself! Cara x

Patti said...

I love these dog stamps!! I have order a set and am awaiting it to come in the next couple of days!! Your calendar is so cute!! I laughed out loud when I saw it! It's like OMGoodness it's August already?! giggles

Your fishy is cute - if an ugly fish like this could ever be cute giggle!!

Patti

Leanne said...

Sweet calendar! Lovely card too. Love the background.

Cheryl W. said...

Fun cards! I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of those TH crazy dog stamps, and I'm looking forward to every creation!

Unknown said...

Super choice of background and I love that fish! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Beverley said...

Cute calendar and such a fun fishy, it really suits the challenge colours. The sentiment you have used made me smile too. Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Sarah said...

Lovely work Lynne, what a cute doggie stamp xx

Nancy said...

Love both of these cards...and I understand why you love those puppies! Your first calendar card is so cute and playful! Your second card is cute as well. Love those spatters, the wave, and the DP! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Unknown said...

Love your colouring on the fish - he's adorable. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

Helen said...

So cute! Love that crazy dog!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Whisper said...

Aaaah so cute, i so love dogs too and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

Leslie said...

Love what you're working on and so very glad you shared with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's August Anything Goes challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT
Love To Craft Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT
Creatalicious Challenges DT