Sunday 10 December 2017

Decapitated Santas and a Weirdo ;)

Brrr and Brrr again!  We'd a fall of snow on Friday which Rubydoo LOVES!  Personally I can't see the attraction of sticking my head in the snow!!  It sticks to her like snowballs, so it's no fun for either of us trying to dry her off every time she comes in!

It's been such a cold day (due to go to minus 9 tonight) that it most definitely was not an outdoor day for me, but I'd loads still to make for Christmas so I was more than happy to stay indoors nice and toasty.

First up is a few of the cards I've made for my workmates - super CAS and kinda all the same but a bit different and all really quick to make as it's the same basic recpie.  I fell in love with Sarah's Santa from Swedish House Crafts on this fab card, and of course, accidentally went shopping myself ;)  Thanks Sarah for the early Christmas pressie from me to me!! :)

For my snowy effect on the coloured card, I splattered the BG with white paint and then added extra snow with white enamel dots.  There's lots of sparkle on these cards - on some I've coloured Santa's beard with my clear sparkle pen, on others I've added clear gloss and glitter to the hat/bauble, and on them all, a big sparkly red nose!.

I feel like I've been making Christmas cards for weeks, so it was a nice change to some more of my new Gummiapan stamps from Swedish House Crafts.  Don't ya love him!!
I added googly eyes, and clear gloss to his teeth, eyes and balloon.  Little silver stars fom stash.  My lovely Stampin Up gingham DP was a recent candy win :)

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How sweet that Ruby is having fun. Custard is currently on the sick list after a nasty fight has left him with two big wounds. We're completely snowed in, so I'm having to treat him at home until we can can get off the hill. Love the decapitated Santas! You are comical, Lynne - totally my kinda crazy, Jo x

Cheryl W. said...

I know what you mean about the snow. It's not my cup of tea, either. And I live in the northern U.S. where we get lots of the white stuff! Your cards are super cute. I love that you colored Santa's hat purple on the purple card. Non-traditional colors are always fun for holiday cards. Love your "weirdo" card, too. I've been thinking of getting a stamp or die like that. Maybe a purple-hatted Santa will bring me one for Christmas. ha ha!

brenda said...

It must be a little dog thing Lynne, our Labs hate it, yet Poppy the Jack Russel is like Ruby and loves to frolic in the snow and was in her element yesterday.

A really lovely collections of cards, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Jane said...

Super sparkly cards. Thanks for joining in with the AAA Cards Challenge.

CA Scrapper said...

Those are beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous cards!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Happy to help Lynne!! Aren't they great quality?!! You have made such a great job with the Santa's. I love the weirdo, such a great sentiment too. Ruby is definitely the star of the show though, she is so cute!! I can't wait for my boys to see snow!! xx

Anonymous said...

such fun and colourful santa cards! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Susan said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, Lynne! I love your 'same but different' theme, too :) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Monika Reeck said...

the monster I am not weird card is way to cute
love that DP and love the coloring of the monster too
great card
many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika (DT member)

ÅsaJ said...

Such cute cards with that Santa sparkling! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Amy Seigler said...

Cute cards! Thanks for playing with us at HLS anything goes with dies!

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

I love your decapitated santas and I love the limited edition sentiment!